Canon has announced the availability of LEGRIA Mini in Malaysia, a V-log (video blogging) camera that sits in a new category within the LEGRIA family.
Housed in a small but sleek body, the video camera inherits Canon’s optical technologies and features Wi-Fi support for convenient file transfer and sharing. It is also Canon’s first video camera to feature a built-in ultra-wide angle lens and stand for hands-free shooting.
“The LEGRIA Mini is designed for users who enjoy documenting their stories through videos and sharing them on the internet. Breaking away from the conventional camcorder design, the new LEGRIA Mini is small and light, has an ultra-wide angle lens, Vari-angle LCD touchscreen, built-in stand and Wi-Fi capabilities. It is the ultimate tool for recording videos and sharing,” said Melvyn Ho, President and CEO of Canon Marketing (Malaysia).
- An ultra-wide angle lens for dynamic videos even in confined spaces- Look through the LEGRIA Mini for an entirely different and dynamic perspective of the world, thanks to its ultra-wide angle lens which captures an astounding 170-degree view in still photography and 160-degrees in video. The ultra-wide angle lens grants superior coverage over a wide perspective, making it extremely easy to record close up videos of oneself as well as a group of friends even in confined space such as recording studios or even in the interior of a car. The wide view is complemented by a deep focus which keeps everything in view in sharp focus. Should users opt for a more conventional distortion-free shot, they can switch to a close-up view at the touch of a button.
- Superior video and sound- Utilizing the same imaging engine used in professional camcorders, the LEGRIA Mini has a 12-megapixel high-sensitivity CMOS sensor and the latest DIGIC DV4 image processor that captures vivid details. Even at 25mbps, the video camera maintains superior quality video recording of 1920×1080 at 25p. The Auto Dynamic Range control and new gamma curve settings prevent over/under exposure in high-contrast situations, common when recording in bright sunlight. The mechanical shutter in the LEGRIA Mini also reduces distortion that is normally associated with conventional CMOS sensor video recording. The LEGRIA Mini captures high-quality sound through the use of a built-in stereo microphone. Just as the video can be fine-tuned through the selection of appropriate video modes, the sound can also be optimally adjusted by simply selecting the correct Audio Scene Select. Audio Scene Select includes Standard, Music, Speech, Forest and Birds as well as Noise Suppression which is useful in environments with loud ambient noise such as moving cars and playgrounds. Equipped with the HS system, still images taken with the LEGRIA Mini even in low-light conditions are on par with those taken with digital cameras.
- Compact and lightweight design- To suit the demands of an increasingly mobile lifestyle, the LEGRIA Mini boasts a unique flat design unlike any of its predecessor LEGRIA models, with a look akin to a small wallet than a traditional video camera. Not only is it easier to carry around, the new design also emphasizes on the new hands-free concept as it uses a unique built-in stand to hold itself up. Discover new ways of recording videos, from a low-angle, high-angle or even upside down shots with the 2.7-inch Vari-angle LCD electrostatic touch-screen monitor that comes with two parallel hinges. The touch-screen monitor also allows easy rotation for easy viewing. The LEGRIA Mini is extremely mobile, with dimension of 76 x 22 x 96mm and weighing only 160g, you can carry it around in your pockets or purses just like any everyday camera. Ease of use is certainly one of the top priorities, operating it is easy with its minimal buttons and an intuitive touch UI. Even the lens cover is built-in, automatically opening and closing when the video camera is switched on or off.
- Ready to share- Keeping up with the connectivity needs of today, Canon has incorporated Wi-Fi capabilities into the LEGRIA Mini, allowing consumers to easily transfer videos (recorded in MP4 format) immediately onto social networking websites via mobile devices. In addition, LEGRIA Mini promotes flexibility of mounting the video camera at a distance and controlling it remotely via the CameraAccess App. With this, you can record a dance that you’re about to perform by mounting the LEGRIA Mini at a distance and at the same time capture everyone in the frame.
- Fun and creative effects- The new LEGRIA Mini comes equipped with its own unique visual style such as slow motion (1/4x and 1/2x) and fast motion (2x and 4x) recording, interval recording, video snapshot and touch decoration, making video recording more exciting.
Specification of LEGRIA Mini:
- Sensor: 1/2.3-inch approximately 12.8-megapixel back-side illuminated CMOS sensor (Effective pixels: approximately 12-megapixel)
- Lens: 15.4mm (35mm equivalent) Ultra-wide angle lens, f/2.8
- Memory card slot: microSD / microSDHC / microSDXC card slot
- Recording format: MP4
- LCD monitor: 2.7-inch, approx 230,000 dot touch panel
- Wi-Fi: Supported
- Body size: 76 x 22 x 96mm
- Weight: 160g (body only) / 180g (with battery and microSD card inserted)
The Canon LEGRIA Mini will be available in Malaysia from mid of September onwards at the recommended retail price of RM999. More information will be available on the Canon Malaysia website.